The LINK Newsletter
A publication of Disability Network Southwest Michigan
One of the ways we stay in touch with people and provide education to the community is through our quarterly newsletter, The LINK.
If you would like to be on our e-mail list, please contact Michele at (269) 345-1516 ext. 116 or
. You may also opt to join our traditional mailing list and receive a paper copy of The LINK. Let us know if you need the newsletter in an alternative format.
Current issue of The LINK newsletter:
- May 2013 (pdf) Mental Health Parity legislation, Rally in Lansing, Psychiatric Advance Directives, Sharon DeHaan wins STAR award, AT Demonstration Project, and Advocacy Academy applications.
Past issues of The LINK newsletter:
- January 2013 (pdf) Disability Language and Etiquette Lunch & Learns, Movie and Discussion events, Winter Emergency Preparedness tips, Snow Removal reminders, Self-determination workshop announcement and Membership information.
- November 2012 (pdf) Disability & Employment issue! Articles include disclosing a disability, requesting an accommodation, how working could impact your benefits, and more!
- July 2012 (pdf) Celebrating freedom & independence, upcoming events, ADA anniversary, and more.
- April 2012 (pdf) Respect accessible parking spots, online orientation at Michigan Rehabilitation Services, membership information & more!
- January 2012 (pdf) Why not to do disability simulations, Legacy Fund initiative, the ADA and Segway devices as mobility aids, more.
- October 2011 (pdf) Social Security Overpayments, Disability Roundtable Discussions, ask the advocate, Volunteer of the Year.
- July 2011 (PDF) Home Help Chore Provider services will end, Pride Workshops, telling our story at the Capitol.
- April 2011 (PDF) Do You Have Disability Pride?, volunteers needed for Whirlpool product testing, ramps are springing up, help us reach our annual campaign goal & more!
- January 2011 (PDF) 2011 is our 30th anniversary, Social Security eliminates paper checks, Food Assistance dates change, more!
- October 2010 (PDF) Michigan Youth Leadership Forum, voting using the AutoMark, member spotlight, more!
- July 2010 (PDF) 20th Anniversary of the ADA information, Berrien/Cass Open House, end the 2-year wait for Medicare.